June 10, 2009

Let Stephen Fry wake you up in the morning

A very quick post for today since I'll be traveling (my bus leaves in a couple of hours). I'll be back tomorrow with a very long post that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

- - -

Anyone who loves British TV programs should be familiar with the absolute brilliance of Jeeves & Wooster, the show starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie and based on the novels by P. G. Wodehouse. Jeeves (Fry) is the quintessential English valet to the scatterbrain aristocrat Bertie Wooster (Laurie) and their (mis)adventures together are just completely riotous.

jeeves+wooster_title

jeeves+wooster

Most of us would love to have a Jeeves of our own, someone to make our breakfasts and iron our shirts, and who will always be the voice of reason and reassurance that centers our swirling chaotic world. Well, you may not be able to have Jeeves but you can let his soothing voice alert you awake every morning. Yes, I have found an alarm clock that has Stephen Fry's voice as Jeeves recorded on it. AH! Go check it out HERE. Click on the "demo" tab at the top of the screen and you can hear the samples. There are apparently over 100 different messages so you can wake up to a different one every morning. Flippin' awesome/hilarious/tacky/wacky/still cool, n'est pas?

talkingclock

Here's what he says:

"Excuse me, Sir/Madam, I am so sorry to disturb you, but it appears to be morning. Very inconvenient, I agree. I believe it is the rotation of the Earth that is to blame."

1 comments:

You posted this nearly 11 years ago and I'm just getting around to it. I am tempted to buy a Jeeves clock now. I already have too many clocks, too, including one framed in blue neon with a Vanna White doll posed next to it showing off the time like a puzzle on WHEEL OF FORTUNE. That one is in the home office in my apartment with its Dan Patrick Show decor and photo covered walls that resulted in the apartment house company regulating wall hangings.

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Email GooglePlus Stumbleupon Digg More