June 3, 2009

A Room With a View (1985)

In the same vein as the previous post, I wanted to quickly mention my other favorite Merchant Ivory production - A Room With a View also based on a novel of the same name by E.M. Forster. More about the setting at another time, but I just wanted to show you the artwork for the opening credits and title sequences interspersed throughout the film. Really beautiful watercolor illustrations by Folco Cianfanelli. I can't find more information on him but this type of artwork is very popular and common in Florence and if you ever go there, you'll find tons of street artists who sell paintings in a similar style. I even have a few.

roomwithaview_openingcredits6

roomwithaview_openingcredits8

roomwithaview_openingcredits4

roomwithaview_openingcredits5

roomwithaview_openingcredits11

roomwithaview_othertitles4

roomwithaview_openingcredits3

roomwithaview_openingcredits9

roomwithaview_othertitles3

roomwithaview_othertitles1

roomwithaview_othertitles5

roomwithaview_openingcredits7

roomwithaview_openingcredits1

3 comments:

These made a big impression on me when I first saw the film in 1985. Thanks so much for posting.

I'm very glad to find in this site the name and the paintings of my father Folco Cianfanelli.
Folco is dead on 1993, and I'm prod to continue the family tradition of painter.
You can found other works of my father, made for Italian Mountain Troops (Alpini), at the address www.mathema.com/alpini.
Something obout me you can find at the address www.mathema.com/cianfanelli.

Friendly

Filippo Cianfanelli

I'm very glad to find in this site the name and the works of my father Folco Cianfanelli. He was one of the most important artist decorator and painter in Florence
Folco is dead on 1993, and I'm prod to continue the family tradition of painter.
You can found other works of my father, made for Italian Mountain Troops (Alpini), at the address www.mathema.com/alpini.
Something about me you can find at the address www.mathema.com/cianfanelli.
If you want contact me my address is
cianfa5@hotmail,com

Friendly
Filippo

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Email GooglePlus Stumbleupon Digg More